The ever-popular Carnival Magic cruise ship has entered a 2-week dry dock. While there a range of new food and beverage outlets will be installed onboard.
The multi-million dollar upgrade is in preparation for the move of the 3,690 guest Carnival Magic from its present home in Galveston to the Florida Space Coast.
Carnival Magic dry dock enhancements
Carnival tells us that the two-week Carnival Magic dry dock will ‘add exciting new spaces that complement Carnival Magic’s array of on-board features’. The new dining and bar out lets will include:
- Guy’s Burger Joint, a free-of-charge poolside venue. Developed in partnership with Guy Fieri from the Food Network, it will serve hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries in an atmosphere that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture.
- RedFrog Rum Bar, a favourite on other Carnival cruise ships. This poolside bar offers the perfect Caribbean vibe with refreshing rum-based frozen drinks and beers.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a fun and festive outdoor bar. It offers a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers. Perfect for chillin’ by the pool.
- Pizzeria del Capitano, which will offer five varieties of hand-tossed, artisanal-style pizza. All available free of charge 24 hours a day.
- Alchemy Bar, a vintage-themed cocktail bar. It will give guests a unique experience where mixologists “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients.
Guy’s Burger Joint and the RedFrog Rum Bar will also feature on the Carnival Vista which will debut in May 2016.
Moving Carnival Magic to Florida
Carnival Magic is due to leave the dry dock on 6 March 2016 when it will continue its seven-day schedule from Galveston until 10 April 2016. Then it will reposition to Port Canaveral, launching year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises.
Starting on 23 April 2016 the Carnival Magic will offer two distinctly different weeklong itineraries from the Space Coast. The first is a western Caribbean route featuring Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Costa Maya. The second is an eastern Caribbean option calling at St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and Nassau or Amber Cove.
A special Bahamas voyage
Prior to starting its new seven-day schedule from Port Canaveral, the Carnival Magic will operate a special three-day cruise to Nassau on 20 April 2016.
For more information about Carnival Magic visit the Carnival website.